University of Plymouth Digi Labs
Project name: Digi Labs
Client: University of Plymouth
Location: Roland Levinsky Building, Plymouth
M&E Order Value: £300,000
Contractor: Classic Builders
Dodd Group was selected by Classic Builders as their MEP partner to deliver the new Digi Lab facility within the Roland Levinsky Building.
The purpose of this project was to develop a new specialist area to accommodate a new high tech 3D projector and animation system along with 3D printers and CNC machines.
Dodd Group's design partner for this project was Hydrock Plymouth, who collaboratively worked with the wider design team to ensure that the ER's where met and that all the specialist interface systems where included and coordinated within the design.
Prior to the commencement of the design stage Dodd Group carried our pre-commissioning and load checks on the MEP systems to ensure that we understood the performance and capacity of the existing system to ensure that the proposed adaptions could be accommodated by the existing infrastructure.
The specialist systems which were included within this project and developed by Dodd Group are:
- LEV specialist extract systems for fine dust.
- Compressed air system for CNC machine and 3D printers.
- Specialist earthing system for the CNC machine.
- High-level lighting rig to accommodate the high tech 3D printer and provide an animation space for presentations.
- Local ICT networks for animation space.
- Scene controllable lighting.
- Additional attenuation for the plant to ensure that there was no noise transfer to other parts of the Roland Levinsky Building.
This project was delivered within budget and met all the clients expectations.