Date added to website:
Wednesday, 3 Feb, 2021
Dodd Group was formed in 1947 in Shropshire and has remained a privately owned family business ever since. With an unrivalled reputation within the building services sector we offer a comprehensive electrical and mechanical design, installation and maintenance service across many sectors.
We are now looking for a Store Person / Buyer to assist with the delivery of local projects and manage the stores and plant and buying function based at our Birmingham office (B66 2NN).
Your new role
• Overseeing all deliveries of plant and equipment, both incoming and outgoing.
• Sourcing best prices and placing order with suppliers.
• Managing and maintaining stock and conducting plant and stores stock takes and stock valuation.
• Maintain the plant and calibration schedule
• Prepare plant and materials in line with requirements for projects.
• Overseeing waste / skip management and follow company process with regards to matching and batching of invoices and orders.
You will need:
• Previous experience in Electrical / Mechanical wholesale is useful for an initial understanding of products.
• You will be IT literate (basic packages) and will have the ability to work on your own initiative.
• You will be ambitious and looking to progress your career.
• You will be enthusiastic about what you do, have clear communication skills and good people skills.
The position is hourly/weekly paid to be agreed depending on experience,
including a pension and 21 days per year annual leave (plus public holidays)
Ongoing support, CPD and encouraged career development
Excellent Health and Safety infrastructure
Please note - due to Project requirements - a driving license is required for this role
Dodd Group is an equal opportunities employer
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.