Date added to website:
Tuesday, 22 Jun, 2021
Telemetry Outstation Configuration and Testing Engineers - Kings Lynn Based
Dodd Group - is a privately owned family business formed in 1947; a national M&E provider with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent levels of service.
The King’s Lynn branch of Dodd Group is expanding its Telemetry Configuration Team that configures tests and supports the installation of microprocessor-based telemetry outstations on water utility sites.
The role demands accuracy, an eye for detail, a diligent nature and an affinity for problem solving. Competence and confidence with MS Office are necessary – particularly Excel – and experience of telemetry, PLC systems and/or instrumentation will be a distinct advantage.
The preferred candidates will be capable of carrying out activities such as:
• ‘Desktop surveys’ of I/O, control and communications requirements based on existing outstation configurations.
• Remapping outstation and PLC data from existing templates to new ones.
• Recreating modular and bespoke control and signal conditioning software code using commercial (e.g. Straton, RSLogix) and proprietary applications.
• Functional testing of configured hardware at works.
• ‘Top-end’ support of outstation installation and commissioning.
• Carrying out periodic quality checks of data from newly installed outstations.
• Creating/updating outstation mimics (interactive process diagrams) on the ‘top-end’ system. You will receive full training on the telemetry equipment and software tools.
We also offer a structured progression route with continued training and development.
We are offering a competitive rate of pay commensurate with experience
• 21 days a year annual leave (plus public holidays)
• Company van and fuel card
Dodd Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.