Date added to website:
Thursday, 16 Sep, 2021
Dodd Group is a privately owned family business formed in 1947; a national M&E provider with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent levels of service.
We currently employ over 800 staff and have a turnover in excess of £160m.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Regional QHSE Manager – to join our very successful and busy QHSE Department, to assist with delivery of Quality, Health &Safety &Environmental in and around the Midlands region.
You will be joining the team responsible for overseeing the delivery of all aspects of the contractual QHSE requirements, and for this role, predominately within the Midlands area.
• Carry out all QHSE tasks as directed by QHSE Management that are required to maintain Dodd Group ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS18001management systems.
• Drive to deliver continual QHSE improvements across Dodd Group.
• Ensure Dodd Group’s QHSE procedures are implemented to enable compliance with all relevant legislation.
• Carry out regular site and operative audits and inspections to monitor compliance with QHSE rules, standards and regulations and produce detailed reports with any necessary remedial actions.
• Advise on the practical implementation of Safe Systems of Work, Construction Phase Plans and Environmental Management Plans.
• Investigate and report on all accidents, incidents and near misses looking for root and systemic causes and recommend any remedial actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Send reports to the QHSE Management and Director and ensure recommendations are actioned.
• Ensure that all QHSE reporting requirements are provided accurately and in a timely manner.
• Support internal and external QHSE audit requirements.
• Engage with stakeholders and partners (clients, principle contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers etc) to help achieve QHSE targets and objectives.
• The Regional QHSE Manager will be able to demonstrate competence (preferably with previous experience in the construction industry or similar construction/engineering business) with a good practical understanding of the principles of QHSE issues and legislation, and its interpretation into practical terms.
• Able to work as part of an established QHSE team, with excellent communication skills at all levels.
• A positive approach to QHSE.
• A hands on approach to resolving issues and finding effective and practical solutions.
• Fully conversant with IT
• A clean driving license and willingness to travel
•It is important to note, The Company is a National one, and as such, the position may require occasional national travel. This is a multi-site position.
Competitive package and benefits.
Car / car allowance and fuel card
Life Cover / Private Health / Pension
21 days annual leave plus public holidays
Continued CPD, learning and development encouraged
Dodd Group proud to be an equality and diversity employer.
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.