Date added to website:
Tuesday, 9 Nov, 2021
Dodd Group are a privately owned leading M&E construction, services and property group covering the UK - due to contract growth we are now is a position to require a Supervisor (Gas) for our very busy Contract based in and around Birmingham City Centre.
Acting as first point of contact for technical queries from operatives, clients and call centre. Working closely with the operational managers and operatives to ensure a structured approach is taken to delivering effective processes and procedures to maintain acceptable levels of assurance and to deliver an excellent service for our customers.
The Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring all gas and mechanical work is compliant with statutory regulations, industry best practice, internal policies and safe methods of working. With a particular focus on domestic gas safety, oil, solid fuel, renewable technologies and commercial gas works.
The Supervisor provides leadership, guidance and support and will be responsible for (although not limited to):
• Developing, implementing and delivering Tool Box Talks with operatives utilising learning from audits and visits
• Ensuring that effective compliance is implemented across the business unit including developing processes and procedures, identifying any gaps and advising on companies Health & Safety policies, strategies and procedures.
• Carry out audits, monitor and report compliance and quality of workmanship.
• Supporting the operational teams in delivering contractual service levels with particular regard to repairs.
• Materials management utilising reports to identify van stocks and improve first time fix rates
• Maximise PDA usage ensuring correct usage of electronic working to support contractual and gas safe requirements
• Support with recruitment and induction of new starters
• Supporting the business in the development of safe systems of work, equipment selection and approval, and accident investigation.
• Ensure the business keeps abreast of changes in the industry within sphere of control
• Proactively work with all teams to ensure industry Health and Safety standards are constantly upheld and mandatory training standards are achieved
As a key participant in the relationship with the Company, Sub-Contractors and the Client the Following is required:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical role within the gas industry.
• Industry current ACS Domestic and Commercial Qualifications (Essential)
• Achieved or working towards SSSTS, IOSH or equivalent
Knowledge of working at height, Asbestos awareness and manual handling is useful, as is understanding of delivery of social housing contracts.
In return -
We offer a structured progression route with continued training and development along with a
Competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience, a vehicle and fuel card
Dodd Group are proud to be an equality and diversity employer
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.