Date added to website:
Wednesday, 27 Jul, 2022
Dodd Group - a privately owned family business formed in 1947; a national M&E provider with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent levels of service.
We currently employ over 900 staff and have a turnover in excess of £160m.
Our Eastern Division is expanding with more exciting projects on the way within Education, Health, Defence, Commercial and Industrial sectors.
Telemetry Configuration/Testing Engineer - Kings Lynn
The King’s Lynn branch of Dodd Group is expanding its Telemetry Configuration Team that configures, tests and supports the installation of microprocessor-based telemetry outstations on water utility sites.
The role demands accuracy, an eye for detail, diligent nature and an affinity for technology, computing and problem-solving. Competence and confidence with MS Office are necessary – particularly Excel. Experience of telemetry, PLC systems, instrumentation or similar systems will be a distinct advantage.
The preferred candidates will be capable of carrying out activities such as:
• ‘Desktop surveys’ of I/O, control and communications requirements based on existing outstation configurations.
• Remapping outstation and PLC data from existing templates to new ones.
• Recreating modular and bespoke control and signal conditioning software code using commercial (e.g. Straton, RSLogix) and proprietary applications.
• Functional testing of configured hardware at works.
• ‘Top-end’ support of outstation installation and commissioning.
• Carrying out periodic quality checks of data from newly-installed outstations.
• Creating/updating outstation mimics (interactive process diagrams) on the ‘top-end’ system.
You will receive full training on the telemetry equipment and software tools.
Dodd Group offer a structured route for progression, with continued support and training.
Liveried company van, fuel card and uniform, mobile phone and tablet, 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays, competitive rates of pay
You’ll work in a friendly, inclusive environment where people understand the value of their contribution and are encouraged to recognize a job well done.
You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference.
Dodd Group are proud to be an equal opportunities employer
Contact us on 01553 772423 or send your CV to KL@doddgroup.com
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.