Warwickshire Commercial Mechanical and Electrical Contract
Project name: Commercial Mechanical and Electrical Contrac
Client: Warwickshire County Council
Contract Length: 2013 - 2023
Value: £7.5 m / annum
A 10 year commercial Open Book Partnership for planned and out of hours' reactive
mechanical and electrical maintenance, repairs and installations.
Originally managed as 49 separate contracts, Warwickshire County Council collated
and awarded the entire contract to Dodd Group in 2013, following a competitive tender
Our current mechanical and electrical service provision includes:
• General Gas Appliances • Gas Heating and Oil Boilers • Fixed Wire Testing • Re-Lamping • Mechanical Ventilation • Catering Equipment Maintenance • Sewage Treatment and Pump • Fume Extraction System • Fire Sprinkler Systems • Intruder Alarms • Steel Chimneys • High Voltage Transformers
• Solar Cells • Fan Convectors
• To reduce reactive response times and average job costs through excessive travel across the contract's large geographical area, we divided the engineers into North and South. As well as providing cost savings, this initiative has seen an increase in customer satisfaction through engineer familiarity and developed relationships.
• As a result of benchmarking in 2016, we retendered fire alarm servicing and emergency lighting subcontractors to reduce the cost by £43 a service, saving£36,550 each year.
• Reviews undertaken on service delivery identified a number of areas where services could be streamlined. This resulted in one engineer being allocated tasks that would have been undertaken by two engineers at separate times. This halved the cost of each engineer attending site and all requirements associated with it.
• 850 public and commercial buildings
• 7,000 reactive call outs each year
• 5,000 service visits each year
• 1,000 planned projects each year