HMP Rye Hill - Work In Progress
Project name: HMP Rye Hill
Client: Ministry of Justice
Location: Willoughby, Rugby
M&E Order Value: £20.4 million
Contractor: Galliford Try
Dodd Group has secured the extension to the HMP Rye Hill, a Category B prison near Rugby, as part of a Galliford Try £95m project. This contract expands the prison's capacity from 664 to 1126 inmates.
The project involves the design, supply, (modification of existing installation) installation, testing and commissioning of the Mechanical and Electrical Services to the extended facility.
The main works package shall include the following:
- Complete MEPH installation to a New Pre-Fabricated House Block consisting of 418 Cells.
- MEPH Installations to a New Barrier Building, Activity Centre & Multi Faith Building.
- New External Services Compound complete with Essential & Non Essential Switch Room, New Back-up Generator, New Fire Tanks and External Cold Water Storage Tank with Pre-Fabricated Pump House.
- New External Integrated Services and Modifications to Main Services Infrastructure inclusive of CCTV, Car Park Lighting , New MUGA Lighting and External Perimeter/Compound Lighting.
- Specialist systems include General alarms, Fire Alarms, Cell Call Systems, Fire Misting Systems, Microwave Detection Alarms, Smoke Ventilation, Under Floor Heating, Ventilation and Building Management Systems.
Works commence January 2023 with Completion expected March 2025.