Dodd Group offers a range of engineering services to main contractors and directly to clients throughout the UK as defined in DGQMS0051 – Scope of Registration.
As the Group QHSE Director, I commit the company to a high standard of health and safety and will comply with all statutory duties on health and safety to ensure, as far as reasonably practical, the health, safety and welfare of all employees in the workplace and continual improvement in OH&S management and performance.
The Group as a whole will provide safe and healthy working conditions for its employees and others working under its control and will ensure that the conduct of their work does not endanger employees of others or members of the public.
To prevent, as far as is reasonable practicable, accidents and work-related ill health, sufficient time and resources will be allocated for health and safety. Dodd Group will:
- Provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- Consult with our employees & others on matters affecting their health and safety.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- Provide adequate information, instruction, training and supervision for employees.
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks and give them adequate training.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- Communicate effectively on health and safety with clients and any sub-contractors.
- Allocate clear responsibilities for health and safety.
- Have clear and effective health and safety arrangements.
- Comply with current CDMregulations and all other relevant Statutory Regulations and other requirements.
- Ensure that any deliberate breach of health & safety rules and procedures leads to disciplinary action.
- Set and review OH&S objectives within an OH&S management programme.
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals not exceeding 12 months.
- Record all O.H.S.M.S. document revision details on the Document Revision Register.
As the Director with overall responsibility for Health and Safety within the Group, I will set a good personal example to others in complying with the duties laid upon me and will expect all employees to co-operate with the company in respect of this policy to ensure it is carried out.
Each Divisional Director is responsible to the Main Board of Directors for ensuring compliance with the Group's policy and reviewing performance within their operating unit.
M C Farmer
Group QHSE Director
This Statement was last reviewed on 8th October 2022 and is due for review on 8th October 2023.