Project name: Palmerston Heights
Client: Persimmon Homes
M&E Order Value: £1,000,000.00
Contractor: Persimmon Homes
M&E Design and Build: Dodd Group
A new development of mixed commercial and domestic property comprising a new Commercial Office on the ground floor for Persimmon Homes with the infrastructure and core services and fit out of 19 no apartments across 3 floors above the office development.
The MEP services were contracted as a design and construct project including:-
- Air Conditioning – A new Mitsubishi heat recovery VRF air conditioning system providing heating and cooling via 17 indoor ceiling mounted fan coil units.
- LTHW heating to each apartment comprising of a Keston gas fired combination condensing boiler serving a number of Stelrad steel panel radiators.
- Domestic hot and cold services – local point of use water heaters to the offices and boosted MCWS to the 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.
- Ventilation – A MVHR ventilation system linked with the VRF air conditioning ensure maximum efficiency to serve the ground floor offices. Local extract ventilation to serve each kitchen, bathroom and w.c. to the apartments.
- Above ground drainage and Sanitaryware to the offices and each apartment
- Building Management System – A Web based Mitsubishi central control system provided monitoring and control of all the ground floor office MEP systems
- LV distribution & small power – underfloor busbar system with floor boxes
- Lighting and lighting controls
- Fire & security systems
- Data installation