Dodd Group – are a privately owned family business formed in 1947; a national M&E provider with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent levels of service. We currently employ over 900 staff and have a turnover in excess of £160m.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced M & E Supervisor to join our newly created Defence Service offering in our South Region on one of our Navel bases.
Responsible for the supervision of the contract delivery of mechanical, electrical and building fabric services, in this role you’ll ensure statutory, planned and reactive maintenance is provided to agreed KPIs.
You’ll also assist with the development of procedures designed to improve the operation of the services we provide.
Responsible for the supervision of the Contract Delivery of mechanical/electrical/building fabric services to ensure statutory, planned and reactive maintenance is provided to the Base to agreed KPIs
You will have :
Management and organisation skills
Maintain relevant records of plant and equipment data detailing financial implications and predicted life cycling costs specific.
As required, on occasion manage the directly employed labour in accordance with Base policies and guidance, including recruitment, discipline, grievance, timesheet completion, absence monitoring, performance management, appraisals etc
liaising with contractors and explaining the problems so that the contractor can evaluate a repair solution and take over the work in a safe and timely manner.
Ensured compliance with health and safety regulations, issued appropriate permits and reviewed of Contractor’s competence, risk assessments and method statements.
· Assist the Service Manager with the daily delivery, implementation, and ongoing development of the contract.
· Deputise for Manager during periods of absence, including attendance to weekly FM meeting
· Supervise the delivery of the work onsite, organising labour and materials
· Provide technical and practical support to engineers
· Ongoing site monitoring of H&S compliance which includes inspections, compliance checks, audits, and permit to work systems
· Required to review RAMS and set subcontractors to work
· Maintain a safe working environment for engineers, and end users on-site at all times
· Diagnose faults on various mechanical/electrical systems and carry out necessary remedial repairs (approx. 60/40 split from office to on tools)
· Relevant background in an M&E discipline – NVQ 3 (or equivalent)
· Excellent people management skills
· Proven track record delivering high levels of customer satisfaction
· IT literate with packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel
· Full driving licence
In return we offer:
A very competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) / private health cover / life cover/pension / car allowance & fuel card
We also offer a structured progression route supported by continued training and development.
Dodd Group are proud to be an equality and diversity employer