Date added to website:
Thursday, 22 Apr, 2021
Dodd Group - a privately owned family business formed in 1947; a national M&E provider with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent levels of service. We currently employ over 800 staff and have a turnover in excess of £160m.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Writer to join our friendly and established Bid team, based at Quartz Point in Solihull.
You will professionally write and tailor bids for the Property Care side of the business. Every bid should be written to the requirements of each individual client by the use of: existing bid library material, market intelligence, research and liaison with internal/external stakeholders. You will have the ability to project manage the bid process in a pressured deadline driven environment.
You will assist in raising the company's profile by working closely with our Business Development team and there will be a requirement to write proposals, brochures and online material. The role won’t just involve content for use in written documentation, but also presentations and supporting documentation; ensuring a cohesive, professional and consistent approach.
First and foremost is the ability to write compelling content.
As an integral part of the bid team, the ideal candidate will also have the ability to work with the other bid team members as well as bid contributors; actively helping them with the necessary skills and confidence to write and produce material themselves.
• High attention to detail with excellent editing / proofing skills
• Excellent literacy skills, with an extensive vocabulary
• Excellent communicator
• Effective time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise your own workload
• A proven history of successful bids
• Experience in the M&E industry (preferable)
Some details on the Role
• Positively contribute to bid kick-off meetings
• Contribute to the creation of win themes, key messages and ensuring the “golden thread” is woven throughout the quality submissions
• Write compelling content and create dynamic visuals via the design / layout of the document
• Review, improve and update bid documentation regularly to meet the current needs of the business
• Maintain a portfolio of standardised documentation, which can be used when compiling written material
• Conduct in-depth customer research to gain a complete overview of each customer
• Proofread and edit the documents prior to submission
• Gather technical data from internal departments e.g. Operations, IT, QHSE, Commercial and interpret the material for the target audience
• Work alongside our Estimating team and ensure there is synergy between the commercial and quality elements of the bids
• We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience
• 21 days a year annual leave (plus public holidays) increasing to 25 days after 3 years
• Private Health Cover
• Life Insurance.
Dodd Group are an equal opportunities employer
• Personal protective equipment and masks provided
• Temperature screenings
• Enhanced sanitisation, disinfection & cleaning procedures in place
• Full Social distancing restrictions in place
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.