Reference: GW /AM FDIS
Date added to website:
Friday, 1 Apr, 2022
Dodd Group – are a privately owned family business formed in 1947; a national M&E provider with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent levels of service. We currently employ over 900 staff and have a turnover in excess of £160m.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Area Manager to join our newly created Defence Service offering in our South Region.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, the Area Manager role, covering four MoD sites across Somerset and North/East Devon along with several satellite sites, will be responsible for the management of operational staff and contractual compliance for all operational activities across the designated area.
• Ensuring outputs for core contract services and additional works are delivered in line with contractual requirements
• Liaising with client key stakeholders
• Direct management responsibility for operational activities on defined MOD sites within their area
• Implementing and delivering continuous improvement initiatives, reduction of sub-contract spend and increased self-delivery
• Responsible for managing HR aspects including appraisals and development for operational teams
• Ensuring site-based activities comply with health and safety legislation, method statements and risk assessments
• Reporting to the Operations Manager on core site performance versus KPIs and implementing any necessary corrective action
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum Level 5 NVQ or equivalent work experience in a management and/or technical discipline
• Previous management experience within a facilities management environment across multiple sites
• Completed or willing to undertake IOSH Managing Safely and management development qualifications
Dodd Group are looking for an Area Manager with:
Ability to manage, programme and monitor core activities against contractual requirements, budget and ensuring KPIs are achieved
Ability to communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieve high levels of operational performance
Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness by understanding strategic/operational needs of the business and key drivers
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Ability to challenge and have direct conversations where needed & effectively manage and motivate
Competent in the use of MS office applications, SharePoint and CAFM information systems
Experience analysing data, understanding the outcomes and using the information to make key business decisions
In return we offer:
A very competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) / private health cover / life cover / pension / car allowance & fuel card
We also offer a structured progression route supported with continued training and development.
Dodd Group are proud to be an equality and diversity employer
Cvs’ to: HR@Doddgroup.com
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.