Reference: SMBC 2
Date added to website:
Wednesday, 13 Apr, 2022
Dodd Group are a privately owned leading M&E construction services and property group covering the UK, Due to continued contract growth we are now in a position where we find ourselves requiring additional experienced Commercial Gas engineers for our prestigious Contracts in and around the Solihull area.
To undertake repair, maintenance and installation of gas, plumbing and heating systems in domestic and commercial properties, ideally must be familiar with oil and medium and high-pressure systems.
Main responsibilities of The Gas Engineer
• To undertake heating engineering & plumbing duties including reactive repairs, servicing of boilers and other appliances, installations and associated works.
• To undertake the installation of new domestic heating systems in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, industry best practice codes, practice, and legislation.
• To issue notices and certificates required by the relevant regulations relating to gas safety.
• To adhere to manufacturer’s instructions when servicing, repairing or installing appliances.
• To provide information to allow records to be updated following service and testing and update Gas Safety records using electronic or manual documentation.
• To acquire quotes for stock from authorised suppliers, materials required to undertake works through the approved order system
• To take part in the on call system to provide 24/7 emergency cover across our property portfolio.
• To drive company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and to ensure that the vehicle is maintained to appropriate standards through the compliance supervisor and fleet office and
• To complete all relevant training and certifications as required by regulations as and when required.
• To maintain regular contact with the site supervisor and works co-ordinators to obtain instructions and resolve working problems.
• To record completed works and maintain accurate record of work carried out including measurements and calculations.
Whilst this job description attempts to cover the main duties and responsibilities of the post, it is not exhaustive. The Gas Engineer is therefore expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within their capabilities
Successful applicants will be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
In return, we offer
• Competitive hourly rates of pay
• Van (Business use only) fuel card, tablet, mobile phone, PPE & uniform all supplied
• Continued training and support and excellent progression opportunities
• Excellent Health and Safety structure
• 21 days paid annual leave (plus public holidays)
Dodd Group are pleased to be an equal opportunities employer
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.