Wolverhampton Civic Centre
Project name: Wolverhampton Civic Centre
M&E Order Value: £11m
Contractor: Speller Metcalfe
M&E Design and Build: Dodd Group
Dodd Group successfully partnered with Speller Metcalfe and Wolverhampton City Council to develop this scheme from Stage 3 Design under the NEC (Option C) open book contract, developing the design to Stage 5.
Dodd Group (Midlands) Limited was engaged to provide Design, Supply and Installation of the MEP Services for Wolverhampton City Council office refurbishment. This also included the refurbishment of the adjacent Car Park.
The project had challenges as it was a phased handover working in a live environment maintaining the functionality of the areas of the building still in operation during the work.
A key element of this project was to ensure that at all times works were undertaken in a safe manner. For this to happen the following methodology was used:
- Surveying to establish requirements prior to commencement and ensure existing equipment high value elements, particularly in the Mayor's Chamber, were identified and secured.
- Detailed ITP documents for the management of isolations during the phases works
- Detailed phased programming - the project was delivered over 4 phases and completed on time for each phase
- End user collaborative pre-commencement and post-completion workshops to encourage a continued learning approach
- Detailed logistic plans for deliveries and operative movement to minimise risk to the public
- Energy efficient equipment used to delver a lifecycle cost saving via collaborative design and client workshops